The fourth edition of The Raven is complete and available at the link below. File requires a .pdf reader or browser with built in reader to view.
Our third issue is finally here, published June 4, 2015! Click the link below to read. File requires a .pdf reader or browser with built in reader to view.
To submit works for possible publication in this year’s issue of The Raven, please follow the instructions below.
- Works must be emailed as attachments to or shared with email@example.com.
- All submissions must adhere to the following requirements:
- Use Times New Roman or Arial font, 11 or 12 point.
- At the top of the first page, include your first and last name.
- Works from ALL genres are welcome, but…
- Make sure all fiction and essays are paragraphed appropriately.
- Make sure all drama is formatted according to some prescribed set of play formatting guidelines.
- Make sure poetry looks like poetry—composed in lines and stanzas.
- Works with obscene words and/or images may be censored.
- The word limit for each work is set at 3000 words.
- Submitted works must be the author’s original work.
- Please submit each long work as an individual document. Shorter works such as poems can be submitted together on one document.
The Raven is now accepting submissions for Volume 2, to be published sometime in May 2015. If you would like to see your original work featured in The Raven, send it via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Artists and photographers, we will begin accepting original artwork and photographs soon. If you are interested in providing illustrations or incidental artwork for this year’s Raven, inquire at the email address above.
Before you submit your work, check out our submissions guidelines.
Our second issue is finally here, published June 2, 2014! Click the link below to read. File requires a .pdf reader or browser with built in reader to view.
Welcome to The Raven, a literary magazine published by The Writers’ Guild to showcase the work of Liberty High School’s aspiring student writers. If you would like to submit work for consideration for the next issue of The Raven, of if you would like more information on The Writer’s Guild, please come to our next meeting. We meet in C140 on the last B day of every week.
Check out our first issue here, published March 27, 2014. Click the link below to read. File requires a .pdf reader or browser with built in reader to view.